Cooperative Leadership Fund - Application Guidelines
The Ralph K. Morris Foundation Cooperative Leadership Fund provides financial support to help cover costs
associated with training, professional development and educational programs
for rural young leaders interested in the future of cooperatives and rural
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
- Applicants must be sponsored by an organization.
- Typical grants range from $300 to $500.
- It is recommended that organizations sponsoring participants provide
matching funds of at least 33% of the total program costs (including
conference registration and travel expenses).
- Funds will be used to cover costs associated with
attendance at established cooperative education, professional development
and training programs.
- Operational or vocational training & formal degree
programs are ineligible uses of these funds.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive only one
scholarship in a calendar year.
- Morris Foundation trustees and staff, including their immediate
families, are ineligible to apply for a scholarship.
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS FOR WHICH THE FUNDS
MAY BE USED INCLUDE:
Click here for application process
- Young producer programs of cooperatives and state
- Graduate Institute of Cooperative Leadership (GICL).
- Association of Cooperative Educators Institute (ACE).
- Cooperative Board Leadership Development (C-BLD).
- Farmer Cooperatives/NCERA-210.
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives Annual Meeting, LTA Committee Meetings and Director Workshops
- NASCO's Emerging Cooperative Leaders Program.
- Other programs may be eligible at the discretion of the Foundation.
Preference will be given to those applications received at
least 30 days prior to conference date.